Thursday, July 21, 2011

David Park.

Florence and the Machine.
New brush. 
Size 4
Model: Melanie
Pink.
Turned away.
Covered and engaged by her shadow.
Conversations. I don't know what to think.
But I think I've put the book down.
So how can I think.

Her loins burned with the ash of loss.
Remnant shell of the soul that was sucked below her feet.
She wasn't even looking.
Engaged by the mark on the board.
It wasn't even a full rainbow.

It wasn't the sign of Noah.
It wasn't a covenant.
It was a scratch of distraction
articulated carefully
As if the signature would reveal any significance.
as if you were looking.

the edge of the pitch barren
loiterer
void with answers
mirrors.
no flash.
click.


Ugh.  Sick stomach feeling. Wonder what surprise will come up...




ah ha. I can already see the things that are out of whack. ohh.. too tired to work on them right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm used to seeing the green dress...is she facing a wall or does she have her feet up on a railing? I see these and I see someone intently focused on the wall but not because they are stuck or anything but because they are ignoring something that is facing them. It's like an act of denial or defiance; I'm not sure which one yet. Really poignant words up there too..."it wasn't even a full rainbow" interesting line, says a lot.

    ReplyDelete